Monday

Crafting Fun Housewarming Gifts

I wanted to share a few housewarming gifts I made for my son. The first gift are picture coasters. I bought clear glass tiles and mounted pictures on scrapbook paper and finished the back with black felt. I made the coaster holder out of wood and decorated it to match the coasters.







I forgot to take a completed photo but this is before the paint touch up.

And the second craft is a picture mosaic. I had a picture blown up at Walgreens, then I cut up the photo to fit on 2x2 ceramic tiles I purchased at Menards. Then I glued the pictures to the tiles and after a lot of measuring, I glued the tiles to a canvas that I purchased at Goodwill. I painted the canvas black with acrylic craft paint. It was a fun project! I hope the kids enjoy their gifts as much as I enjoyed making them for them.
Linking to Met Monday at Between Naps on the porch
XoXo
Michelle / Simple Pleasures

7 comments:

Pendleton Primitives said...

Morning! I am loving your craft projects. The tile idea is so neat and I can just imagine using that idea somehow in a piece or furniture, back splash, etc. thank you for sharing!
~Christina

Cindi said...

Oh Michelle, I am so impressed, I especially love the mosaic of their first home! What a neat idea. I am so sure they will treasure them forever!
Have a great week,
Be blessed,
Cindi

Raggedy Creations said...

Great projects. I'm sure your son and DIL will love them.

Felicia

Amish Stories said...

Very creative and personal. Richard

frontporchprims said...

How neat to have them so personalized. They will surley keep them forever. -Steph-

Karen said...

So creative and such talent!
I know your son will love these!
Karen

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Morning Michele..What totally awesome Housewarming gifts. I'm sure they will love them for years to come..

Always a reminder of the hands that crafted them!

Have a great week!

Hugs
Tonya