Monday

Crafting Fun Housewarming Gifts

I wanted to share a few housewarming gifts I made for my son. The first gift are picture coasters. I bought clear glass tiles and mounted pictures on scrapbook paper and finished the back with black felt. I made the coaster holder out of wood and decorated it to match the coasters.







I forgot to take a completed photo but this is before the paint touch up.

And the second craft is a picture mosaic. I had a picture blown up at Walgreens, then I cut up the photo to fit on 2x2 ceramic tiles I purchased at Menards. Then I glued the pictures to the tiles and after a lot of measuring, I glued the tiles to a canvas that I purchased at Goodwill. I painted the canvas black with acrylic craft paint. It was a fun project! I hope the kids enjoy their gifts as much as I enjoyed making them for them.
Linking to Met Monday at Between Naps on the porch
XoXo
Michelle / Simple Pleasures

6 comments:

Pendleton Primitives said...

Morning! I am loving your craft projects. The tile idea is so neat and I can just imagine using that idea somehow in a piece or furniture, back splash, etc. thank you for sharing!
~Christina

Cindi said...

Oh Michelle, I am so impressed, I especially love the mosaic of their first home! What a neat idea. I am so sure they will treasure them forever!
Have a great week,
Be blessed,
Cindi

trump said...

Very creative and personal. Richard

frontporchprims said...

How neat to have them so personalized. They will surley keep them forever. -Steph-

My Colonial Home said...

So creative and such talent!
I know your son will love these!
Karen

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Morning Michele..What totally awesome Housewarming gifts. I'm sure they will love them for years to come..

Always a reminder of the hands that crafted them!

Have a great week!

Hugs
Tonya