Monday

Who Let The Dog Out ..

Nico loves to make me crazy and his new thing is climbing up on my living room chair and then jumping up onto my desk to look out the window. Sounds totally little dog like.. right, except for the fact that the desk has a glass panel to protect the wood and it slides. More importantly he jumps down from the desk,  it's about 3 1/2 feet high which would explain his recent limp. Oh Nico, Nico! I decided he needs to stay out of the living room. I have a 6 foot wide opening between the LR and kitchen and all the baby gates I've found are ugly and expensive, so I made my own gate.

Gate panels, dowel rods and hardware $41





I mounted the two panels with those eye things (hook and eyes, I think that's what there called)...
And used dowel rods to attach them, this way if I want to remove them for a party etc. I just pull out the dowel rods. The gates swing back and forth for easy entry. After I figured out how to do it, it really was an easy project. Each panel was $15, eyes $4 and rods $7 so about $41 for a metal gate. I have to cut the dowels down and spray paint the 2 end ones black, but I wanted to show you the results so far. What do you think? I love it, Nico not so much! haha

PS.You've heard of the people of Walmart, right? Well, tomorrow I will share with you the REAL story of the employees of Menards, you won't want to miss it!

XoXo
Michelle / Simple Pleasures

3 comments:

Anna said...

I love your idea for the dog, my hubby built a custom gate to keep our dog out of the living room.

Menard's oh I can only imagine, I was there yesterday and what a tail to tell will look forward to yours.

Old Red Barn said...

This looks so much better than the plastic or metal white baby gates!

Goedele

Kendra said...

Sorry, had to do a smidge of catching up before I go tackle those groceries and dinner LOL!

Love the gate, you are a genius I swear!

Kendra